Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monogram Letter made from Seashells




I love anything to do with the beach. I love the sand, the sea, the surf. I especially love to hunt for shells of all shapes and sizes. I was beginning to get quite the collection going and needed to come up with another way to display my precious finds.

After searching for a few days on the Internet for something to catch my eye, I found the perfect way to show off what I had plucked from the sand. Over and over again I kept seeing the same theme, monogram letters. Aha! That was it! I was going to create a beautiful masterpiece that represented our family with something I loved so much.




This by far is one of the easiest things I have created for my home and looks wonderful hanging in my bathroom. You will need the following items:

-Heavy duty cardboard
-Seashells
-Hot glue gun
-Ribbon

First on the cardboard trace any letter and cut it out. *I glued two pieces together for extra support as the shells started to get heavy as I added each one. The letter doesn't have to be perfectly shaped as the shells will get glued along all the edges to hide the imperfections. Next start gluing away until you can't see anymore cardboard. Finally attach a piece of ribbon on the back to hang.


Voila! This is my finished project. You could add some embellishments or just leave it as is. The possibilities are endless. Happy crafting! Please check back often as there will be plenty more things to come this year as I get back to cooking and crafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment