Friday, December 7, 2012

Polar Express inspired bells

One of my favorite Christmas movies has to be The Polar Express. We have a tradition of watching it every Christmas Eve just before the kids put out milk and cookies for Santa. One year I bought them all their own bells with each of their names on them for our tree. I probably paid too much for them, but it was worth it just for the mere fact that they followed along with the story of The Polar Express. Looking back in hindsight, I'm sure I could have made them for a lot less.
 
I wanted a unique gift for my son's and daughter's teachers this year. It had to be something that would remind them of my child each time they looked at it. A teacher friend of mine suggested an ornament. That's when the search began for the perfect item. Then I remembered the bell ornaments I had bought my children and how easy they would be to duplicate.
 
 
 
I found a pack of 9 bells at the Dollar Tree along with the curling ribbon. Did I mention how much I love that store for my crafting addiction? Well, I do. You never know what you'll find in there.
 
Keeping with The Polar Express theme, I wanted to add something to make the bell have more of a meaning. I ran across Crafts re-Designed and she had a link to these cute little tags. I love the saying on them and had to add them to mine. To make them a little more sturdy, since I didn't have any card stock, I glued the tags to some green construction paper. I wrote my child's name and year on the back so their teach will remember just who gave it to them and when. Easy, peasy gift that only cost me $2 and less than half an hour to make.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment