Thursday, January 10, 2013

Twine Wrapped Cans

I have been MIA the past few weeks. Please forgive me. The husband's parental unit was in town and all of our Christmas festivities dominated much of my time. Well now that the holidays are over and the kids are back to school, we have settled back into our normal schedule. That means you'll see a lot more of me.

Today I felt like pulling out my glue gun to see what I could create with it. A quick trip to my box of supplies and this is what I found....

An old coffee can
2 smaller aluminum cans
some packing twine
some fabric leftover from a previous project


I began with a little drop of hot glue and started wrapping the twine around the can. Every third of the way around, I put another drop of glue.


Glue, wrap, glue, wrap, glue, wrap and so on.... Anyway you get the point. Do this until the whole can looks like this...


Here's the completed coffee can. I embellished it with a rosette and a twine bow. It now sits on my bathroom counter to hold my brushes. The two smaller cans I haven't quite figured out what to add to them yet....probably some shells I have collected from the beach and the same twine bow. They have become toothbrush holders for my husband and I.

 
 
I hope you loved what I whipped up today. Happy crafting!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment