Thursday, November 8, 2012

15 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Man in Your Life

If you're like me, then you struggle with what to get your husband/boyfriend every year for Christmas. Finding the perfect gift can be quite a task. With all the gizmos and gadgets to chose from it's hard to know where to begin. You want something that shows you put some thought into his gift, but you also don't want something that is going to just be collecting dust in the back of the closet. Something that isn't going to break the bank either. New socks, undies and a comfy pair of pjs are a family tradition that each family member gets every year in my home. I find myself stressing over something unique for my husband year after year. This year is like no other....with a little over 6 weeks left to shop, I still have no idea what that special item will be. This is usually where I enlist the help of my children. They get him to talk about things he would like then report back to me. Not this year....I am doing it all by myself. Below is the list I compiled to help all those wives with difficult husband's to shop for just like mine get started:

1. Sporting Event or Concert Tickets: Surprise your beau with two tickets to his favorite team's next home game. Or go for the whole package and plan a weekend away at their next away game. For the man more into the arts, concert tickets may be the way to go.


2. Sunglasses: Sunglasses always have a way of getting lost or sat on and by the end of the year a new pair is needed. A good pair of Oakley sunglasses like these would be just what he needs.
3. Sporting Equipment: If your husband likes to play sports, a new piece of equipment to keep him on top of his game. A new putter, fishing gear or a baseball mitt..... oh the possibilities are endless.
 
 
4. An Engraved Flask: For the classy way to have a drink, a personalized flask would be a great idea! Add his favorite bottle of liquor and he'll be ready to ring in the New Year.


 
 
5. Athletic Wear: Purchase a new tee and matching pair of athletic pants for the workout junkie in your life. Or make him apart of his favorite team and create a jersey with his team's colors and iron his name on the back.
 
 
6. Photo Book: Nothing says "I love you" like a book full of memories you both have shared together. There are plenty of places to upload pictures to and create a wonderful book from. One of my favorite sites is Shutterfly for all my photo creations.


7. Tool Set: A matching tool set with tool bag included for the "Mr. Fixit." Then he will always know where his tools are. Lowes has a great set at a reasonable price.


 
 
 


8. Electronics: What man doesn't love a new television or maybe the latest blu-ray player? With how quickly there are advances in technology, I can bet the camcorder you bought two years ago is antiquated and doesn't have the latest features.


9. Tervis Tumbler: Tervis tumblers have become quite popular over the past year. The great thing about them is they are made in the USA and have a lifetime guarantee. Gifts.com even offers personalized tumblers where you can add your favorite pic of the two of you.
10. Emergency Tool: Better to be prepared than to be caught off guard in case of an emergency....Amazon has this great little tool to carry in your vehicle for just those instances. It is a self-powered radio, seat belt cutter and hammer all in one.


 
11. Basket of Goodies: My grandmother always said, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." This is a great idea for couples who have moved away from where they grew up. Since my husband and I are originally from Buffalo, NY, I found Made in Buffalo. Everything in each basket can only be found in Buffalo. This gives him a little taste of home. Any basket of your guy's favorite goodies would do, also.
 
 
12. DVD Boxed Set: Missed season one of The Walking Dead? Why not pick it up for under the tree? There's nothing better than cuddling up together while it's cold outside and watching a bunch of zombies running around. Not one for zombies? There are plenty of series out on DVD you can chose from. 
 
13. Spa Day: Want something for the romantic side of your love? Maybe reserve a day at a local spa where the two of you can go unwind together and reconnect. Keep an eye on Groupon for deals and steals.
 
 
14. Gift Certificate: Still not sure what to get....a gift certificate to his favorite restaurant, home improvement, or electronics store is a safe choice. Most can be found in any grocery store in the checkout lanes now.
 
 
15. Leather Goods: Wallets, jackets, brief cases....oh my! Genuine leather holds up to even the most brutal of men and well worth the money. I'm a big supporter of American made and Will Leather Goods have some beautiful items made on our own soil.
 
 
Well there it is....my list of gift ideas for the man in your life. I hope I have inspired you in some way. Please feel free to leave me a comment on my ideas or add some more of your own. Happy shopping!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment