Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Cat Toys

 
With Christmas being at our heels, I have been busy making presents. One of my latest were fleece tie blankets for my sweet twin boys. I had some scraps leftover and decided to make some cat treats instead of pitching them in the garbage. I try to be thrifty when I can since money is always tight around the holidays.
 
These fish were so simple to make and our kitty now has four new toys to play with...well I should say hide. I am always finding her toys behind the couch or under our bed.
 
All you need is some scraps of fleece fabric and a plastic grocery bag to use as stuffing. I used  5" X 5" squares of fleece. Right sides facing each other, trace a fish and cut it out. Sew together, leaving a big enough hole to stuff,n inside out so the right sides are facing outwards now. Stuff with small piece of your grocery bag and sew hole closed. See....I told you, EASY! They take about 5-10 minutes each to make.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment