Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DIY Christmas Ornament

I wanted to make something special for gifts this year. What's better than a personalized ornament to show off on their Christmas tree? They were so simple to create and I love that a little piece of my family will be included on someone else's tree.


What you will need:

  1. Plastic ornament that can be filled. I found mine at Joanne's, but I saw them at Walmart for $0.97.
  2. Sheer ribbon in color of your choice. I picked up a deep red from Dollar Tree.
  3. Elmer's glue
  4. Clear glitter to use as the snow inside
  5. Glitter to match the color of your ribbon. I chose red to match.
  6. Family photo

First I had to resize my photo so it would fit inside the ornament. This was the hardest part. There was a lot of trial and error. I finally chose 1.75" X 2" then just rounded the corners so it fit better.

I added a bit of the clear glitter to give it the snow effect inside and put the top back on. I did find some confetti, red stars in the birthday decoration section at Walmart that I'm going to add to give it a little more pop of color. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

With the Elmer's Glue, I drew 2012 on the back and sprinkled the red glitter over it. Now they will always know what year they received it.


Lastly, I tied a little piece of ribbon around the top. Viola! My finished product. Since I had everything already and only had to purchase the ribbon and the ornament, it only cost about $2.00 to make.

 
 
Please feel free to share your creations here. Happy crafting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment